2016-2017 SCHOOL YEAR
ICA Cristo Rey, San Francisco
Required Knowledge, Skills and Abilities for All Teaching Positions at ICA Cristo Rey:
- Clear commitment to the educational mission and philosophy of both ICA Cristo Rey and the Cristo Rey Network
- Commitment to equity and inclusion
- Fluency in reading, writing and speaking in English
- Willingness to adapt to an existing curriculum as well as contribute ideas to enhance the academic program
- Willingness to collaborate as a member of ICA's Professional Learning Community
- Able to provide I-9 documents proving eligibility to work in the United States and clear Department of Justice and FBI background checks based on a live scan of fingerprints
- Teaching credential and/or MA degree and experience in an independent school and/or Catholic school strongly preferred
- Recent relevant experience teaching the academic subject matter to high school students preferred
Salary depending on experience; medical, dental & vision benefits available.
All teaching positions have been filled for the 2016-2017 school year.
(1) Full-time Science Teacher
Science Teacher: five sections of Science instruction as assigned by the Department Chair; in the 17-18 year, this would be five sections of freshman Physical Science or five sections of sophomore Biology; shared teaching faculty responsibilities, including acting as a homeroom moderator.
In addition to personal and professional integrity and the ability to maintain professional, productive relationships with students, parents and colleagues, ICA teachers must demonstrate competency in the following areas:
- Mastery of Subject Matter
- Lession Planning and Preparation
- Use of Highly Effective Teaching Strategies
- Frequent Updating of PowerSchool Gradebook & Google Classroom
- Knowledge of Individual Needs
- Evaluation of Student Progress
- Effective Classroom Management
- Communication with Parents
Teachers are expected to uphold the mission and philosophy of the school. Teaching credential preferred.
Salary depending on experience. Health, dental and retirement benefits available.
Please submit resume and cover letter to:
Lisa Graham, Principal: firstname.lastname@example.org
(2) Full-time Director of Admissions
ICA Cristo Rey Academy is a member of the nationwide Cristo Rey Network of schools whose mission is to educate the underserved and prepare them for college. The Director of Admissions understands the Dominican Cristo Rey mission and enthusiastically communicates it to all publics, particularly those interested in attending ICA Cristo Rey. The work of admissions is conducted in a spirit of collaboration with elementary, middle and secondary schools, program partners and parishes. It is essential that the Director of Admissions be fluent in speaking Spanish in order to serve the school demographic. The Director must be able to adapt to changing responsibilities and maintain absolute confidentiality. The Director reports to the President.
- Is responsible for demonstrating effective leadership in creating a quality work environment through the fostering of a team.
- Proactive in the development, maintenance, and updating of policies and procedures governing day-to-day operations of the department. Participates in hiring, career/professional development, and the performance review process.
- Directs, facilitates, and evaluates short term and long term departmental planning; coordinates with the Strategic Plan of the school and works with administration to set enrollment goals.
- Is responsible for attaining annual goals to achieve full enrollment as determined by the Strategic Plan and Board of Directors.
- Develops and submits annual budgets for approval by the President and is responsible for maintaining budget expectations.
- Collaborates with all members of the school’s Leadership Team in planning and development of strategies for admission of students.
- Collaborates with Mission Advancement in developing appropriate admissions and marketing materials, ads, mailings, web page and publications that promote the school to prospective students and their families.
- Represents ICA Cristo Rey to various schools, organizations, parishes, students and families, as well as to local community as related to school admissions and enrollment.
- Directs, oversees and implements the school admissions process including the recruiting program, articulation, open house, student/parent interviews and new parent orientation.
- Moderates the Ambassador program & trains students, parents and alumni ambassadors.
- Along with members of the Admission team, visits elementary and middle schools to interview teachers and/or administration regarding admissions; serves as liaison.
- Coordinates all correspondence regarding acceptance or non-acceptance of applicants.
- Prepares all application materials for the Admission Team.
- Maintains admissions files until the student begins school.
- Arranges orientation of students and families.
- Keeps all statistics regarding student applications or exiting.
- Prepares the monthly funnel for the CR Network, attends Network in-services and participates in phone conferences.
- Prepares all reports as requested by faculty, staff, Board of Directors, and the CR Network.
- Conducts all exit interviews with students and parents/guardians.
- Works with the Finance and Mission Advancement offices regarding financial aid, eligibility of families and scholarship information.
- Supervises the recruiter and administrative assistant.
- Performs other duties as deemed necessary by the President to further the mission of the school.
Required Qualifications & Skills
- Enthusiastically articulates commitment to the mission of ICA Cristo Rey as a sponsored school of the Dominican Sisters of Mission San Jose and as a member of the Cristo Rey Network of schools.
- Possesses a Bachelor’s degree.
- A strong team orientation and a demonstrated self-starter with excellent interpersonal, leadership and supervisory skills.
- Ability to lead and supervise the Admissions Office and staff.
- Demonstrated ability to maintain absolute confidentiality.
- Knowledge of targeted recruitment efforts, procedures and resources.
- Ability to work in a fast paced environment with a high degree of attention to detail and accuracy.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills.
- Ability to understand and speak Spanish fluently.
- Ability to work in an academic environment with students, parents, and staff of diverse ethnic, racial, economic and religious backgrounds.
- Ability to use good judgment to manage and impart information to a range of publics.
- Proficient in use of computer and other electronic and web-based equipment.
- Ability to organize, prioritize, schedule and complete job-related tasks efficiently.
- Willingness to work a flexible schedule, which includes evening and weekend hours as needed for school, recruitment and community events.
- A valid driver’s license and access to a vehicle is required; must be insurable with a good driving record.
Type and Length of Experience
- 1 to 3 years of admissions, sales and/or non-profit experience.
- Experience in a school, community or faith-based organization preferred.
Please submit resume and cover letter to:
Sister Diane Aruda, O.P., President: email@example.com
Send a resume and cover letter to firstname.lastname@example.org
Please indicate your subject area on the subject line and include information in your cover letter addressing:
- The skills, knowledge and abilities you can bring to Immaculate Conception Academy
- Your educational philosophy
- Your thoughts on incorporating ICA Cristo Rey and the Cristo Rey Network's mission and philosophy into your pedagogy
Or you may mail your resume and cover letter addressing the same to:
ICA Cristo Rey
Attention: Lisa Graham, Principal
3625 - 24th Street
San Francisco, CA 94110
Submissions will be reviewed on a rolling basis. Pre-employment background screening is required for all positions.