As an ICA student, not only will you earn a quality college-preparatory education from a private, Catholic high school, but you have the opportunity to work five days per month in the offices of various Bay Area companies like Gap, Inc., Salesforce and the San Francisco SPCA. See our full list of corporate sponsors.
How It Works
- Four students share one entry-level, clerical position at a corporate office in the San Francisco Bay Area
- Students rotate their schedules, each working five full days per month
- Academic schedules are structured so that students never miss a class
- Students work standard business hours, usually 8:30-9:00 a.m. to 5:00 p.m., from late August through early June
- Get exposure to a range of career opportunities and professional fields in the local community
- Gain confidence, responsibility, and maturity
- Earn a substantial portion of their high school tuition
M.A.P.S. Summer Training
- M.A.P.S. = Motivation. Attitude. Professionalism. Skills.
- All incoming freshmen and transfer students attend M.A.P.S., a work-skills training program held at ICA over the summer
- Students learn technical such as keyboarding, Microsoft Office, phone systems, faxing, scanning and filing
- The program also covers “soft” skills such as workplace etiquette, customer service, and appropriate professional behavior
Monthly Work Schedule
Students work schedules are set by their grade level. A typical monthly rotation schedule is listed below, showing each grade levels’ work days.